The holidays mean indulging in good food to celebrate traditions with family and friends. However, having too much rich foods may take a toll on your health. Serving healthy alternatives on your get-togethers can ensure that you are providing nutritious and delicious options that everyone can enjoy without missing out on the festivities.
The Goodwill Market shares this paella recipe by Chef Joel Tan Navarro that uses Duru Bulgur instead of rice. It packs more than twice the fiber and four times as much folate from bulgur, plus the umami goodness of mushrooms and the heart-healthy properties of olive oil.
Mushroom Truffle Paella (Duru Bulgur’s Vegetarian Paella)Ingredients:
✓2 tbsp. Umbria Original Truffle Sauce
✓1 cup Duru Bulgur coarse
✓A drizzle of Umbria Tartufi White Truffle flavored oil
✓1/2 cup shitake mushrooms fresh
✓1/2 cup shitake mushrooms dried
✓1/2cup white button mushrooms
✓1/2 cup portobello mushrooms
✓1/2 cup arugula
✓1/2 cup olive oil
✓1/2 cup onions
✓2 cups vegetable stock
1. Soak dried shitake mushrooms in hot water and let them bloom. Set aside.
2. Prepare, wash and cut other mushrooms and set aside.
3. Cut onions and set aside.
4. Wash the arugula and trim it into small pieces.
1. Heat up olive oil in a paella pan2. Brown fresh shitake mushrooms and set aside. It will be used as a garnish.
3. Add a little bit of olive oil then sauté onions.
4. Add the rest of the mushrooms until brown.
5. Add the truffle salsa.
6. Add Duru Bulgur coarse and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes.
7. Then add vegetable stock and let it simmer and reduce.
8. When reduced, place the fresh shitake mushrooms as garnish.
9. Cover with foil to continue cooking and adjust the heat to medium low.
10. When the bulgur is cooked, crank up the heat to achieve the socoratt (crispy bottom layer ofbulgur).
11. When done, take it off the heat and garnish with arugula. Serve.
Switch things up this Noche Buena with this filling and festive paella, made with Duru Bulgur that is conveniently available at The Goodwill Market online store. Shop smart and have your healthy goodies delivered directly to your doorstep through www.goodwill.market.